Imaging all your moles for monitoring your skin health coming soon to the Upper Hutt Skin Clinic
What is Total Body Photography (TBP)?
The process of taking high quality images of your skin from head to toe to help your doctor monitor and assess your moles.
Beneﬁts of TBP
There are many reasons why TBP may be a good idea for you. Some of the most important reasons are that:
- A clear image of moles all over your body will be taken by one of our skin specialist nurses. This can be saved and compared at your next TBP session to identify changes.
- You will then be seen by one of our Doctors who will attach magnified images of concerning moles to your full body image. They can then compare this at each consult for changes.
- Our specialised skin clinic staff will work to detect any concerns as early as possible to reduce the risk of unnecessary procedures
- Is quick! Takes less than 15 minutes
Who should consider TBP services?
Certain factors may increase your chances of developing skin cancer. Patients with any number of risk factors may beneﬁt from TBP services in addition to regular self skin checks. Some risk factors include:
- Having many moles (more than 50)
- Having a personal history of skin cancer
- Having an immunosuppresive condition
- Taking any immunosuppressive medication
- Having a family history of skin cancer
- Having any large moles (more than 1cm in diameter)
- Having extensive sun damage to your skin
- Use of sunbeds
Smarter skin checks
We’re harnessing the power of artiﬁcial intelligence to make your skin checks smarter than ever for a ﬁrst-in-class experience!
Your moles will be mapped to your virtual 3D body map, where your specialist and the system can work together to track any changes over time.